Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

Too Early?

Spring is in the air but if you look outside most of what you see now is all the trash unmasked by the melting snow. Alright you cynics were right, there was no a sea of GREEN last night at the LSC meeting  washing away the past sins of corruption and entitlement,

However closer examination of the educational calender indicate a warming trend for our children's future. The presence of Melissa, toting a GREEN ribbon I might add, represented herself well during the open mike session before the start of the meeting. She displayed a command of the facts of our current state of education and the applicable laws. Also, she manned the camera for lynnhappens. Yea!

We need an objective record of the events. I would have volunteered to do it but I understand some of you out there think I am biased. Whatever gave you that idea? Besides if I acted like one of those true journalist people, I couldn't put my spin on the facts.

Lots of facts came out and I will be spinning in the coming days. Even though there is snow and mud on the ground if you've noticed there are buds in the trees. We will be GREENING up real soon.

2 comments:

  1. Melissa RomanielloMarch 4, 2011 at 6:12 AM

    Stan-the-man,


    That's how spring starts. Two bright green spots in a sea of brown. We'll get there, sooner rather than later I assume seeing as your blog hit 11,000 views this morning.



    As soon as a I get the camera back to Seth he'll post the video feed from last night. Too bad I wasn't at the last meeting (with a camera) when the school committee gave away $160,000 (that we don't have). It was a small victory though that the Mayor had the "new" deputy superintendent job posting go back down to the Personnel Sub-Committee for review. Maybe the sub-committee will include something in the posting that either: makes the position unattainable or opens it up to more people then, as I understand it, the department head that was chosen before the position was approved, maybe place a stipulation that the candidate must reside in Lynn (unless she already lives here)....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for your meteorological analysis and prognostication. I also share your joy about the small victory. I know the teacher's union doesn't go for residency requirements but I don't know if those high paying administrative jobs are in the union. I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete