Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Of Mice And Me

John Stienbeck wrote the the classic "Of Mice and Men". I have a blog. Am I tryinng to suggest a comparison of myself to such a great writer? Do you think I am really that vain? Wait don't answer that.

Actually I am triyng to strike a comparison between the mouse and myself. Really I am poor as a church mouse. I'm not joking about that. But it is not just a comparison between myself and any old mouse. I am talking a church mouse.

Why is the fact that it is a "church" mouse and not just your run of the mill vermin? Because regardless of the particular denomination, some faith formation is going happen even if by osmosis. The results mean strong, deep convictions but also the belief in something larger than yourself.

That something is the education of our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment