Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Attention! Attention!

Looking over the agenda for Thursday night's meeting posted on-line, I just want to thank whomever (or whoever, all right grammar people, take your best shot Remember I'm a poet so all of my mistakes fall under the creative license umbrella) makes up these things.

It may be an agenda for your meeting but it is an itinerary for my closer examination. I already see a number of troubling items to inspect. Just waiting to put your words into my action. Hopefully we will have a crowd on hand to witness what I plan to write about. The meeting is Thurs. March 3 at 7 pm. Hope to see you there.

In case anybody doesn't know, elections are coming up and people are already jockeying for position. Wendy Williams say it best, "How you doin?".

9 comments:

  1. share the agenda stanley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The agenda is there for everyone to see on the Lynn Public Schools web site! Hope to see you there, even if I don't recognize you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa RomanielloMarch 2, 2011 at 5:02 AM

    Stanley,

    I have yet to have attended a school committee meeting so I am not sure exactly where they meet. I just went to the website and got the minutes, it looks like they meet at 90 Commercial, but that's a big building....I wonder if the open meeting law requires a more specific location to be posted?

    And I think that we should adopt a ribbon color so that "Watch" members can identify each other easily. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa RomanielloMarch 2, 2011 at 5:48 AM

    All,

    I called down to 90 Commercial asking where the school committee meets. The first answer I got was, "Good question. I think it moves." I was then transferred upstairs to Ms. Latham's C.S. and I was told that the school committee meets on the 1st Floor of 90 Commercial. "Where exactly on the first floor?" "In the Tiger's Den." Not a good sign....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are correct. The meeting is in the Tiger's Den. As for a ribbon, let's choose green cause the "Watch" wants to follow the MONEY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not everyone knows where the "Tiger's Den" is. It was a bit confusing for me, the first time I went. I can imagine that to most callers trying to get this information, "Tiger's Den" sounds like code from a 60's spy movie.

    It's on the right hand side. Enter 90 Commercial and walk straight down the large hall. You'll see the chairs set up through the glass wall.

    I'm not sure why it's such a scavenger hunt.

    I have another event I have to attend. Melissa, you said you were interested in possibly video-taping? Contact me through LynnHappens.com if you are! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seth, thanks for the clear directions. I hope Melissa contacts you about the filming. It may be shaping up to be a very "news worthy" meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa RomanielloMarch 2, 2011 at 1:09 PM

    Seth,

    You've got mail. And I believe it is such a scavenger hunt because if I were them I wouldn't want people to be able to find my meetings...Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://www.doe.mass.edu/news/news.aspx?id=6046
    Stanely, read and the questions will come to you.

    ReplyDelete