Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Governor Patrick Talks With Ford Students

Just got back from a meeting with the GOVERNOR. Okay he didn't actually come to see me personally but I got to shake his hand. The focus of the attention was on the students.Gov. Patrick came to Hillel Academy to observe a vital partnership between Hillel Academy and Lynn that goes back over twenty years.

This particular part where seventh and eighth grade Hillel students tutor third and fourth grade Ford students in math which has shown improvements in Math MCAS scores. I mentioned to Governor Patrick he should recruit some of these students to help balance the budget.

The meeting ended with students sharing ice cream sundaes. One little girl from Ford mentioned she shook the governors hand and was never washing it again. Well I'm going to wash mine.

Also present were Congressman Tierney and Representative Erlich (who reminded me we are Facebook friends), I urged her to check out today's Item about the ASBESTOS story. Maybe I'll make sure she gets a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment