Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Stan For School Committee? I Think I'll Run For The Border

I have had a number of people approach me to consider a run for school committee. There are several problems with that. I don't have a long history of community involvement in Lynn, I am poor I don't have the thousands of dollars it would take to run, I have never had one education class, and people often mistake me as as s no somebody's client.

On the other hand I have gotten a large following fast and it's been FREE! No doubt I could get some people to contribute enough for a campaign. I'm a poet so slogans should be no problem (Stan the Man goes with so many rhymes). All things taken into consideration, I think I would have an excellent chance of winning.

BUT WHY WOULD I GIVE UP THIS BLOG FOR ONE LITTLE OLE VOTE? With the "Watch" I can influence everyone who is a member. Someone has to have an independent voice. Besides this is too much fun and I don't have to worry about somebody firing me or shutting me down, unless Verizon does for nonpayment (not completely a joke, March 10 is my one year anniversary since I become too disabled to work). Besides I'd have to start shaving every day and I'd have to start dressing nicer. Vinnie "GQ" Spirito has set the fashion bar pretty high.

10 comments:

  1. Vincent Spirito should start worrying about the Camp Fire kiddies, he's putting at risk with the Loew's deal. Do the right thing Spirito and help end the deal or quit the Lions!

    See Stan you can be involved in political battles (wrong or right side) and still be on the school committee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon., can be and wanna be are two different things! Thanks but no, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry but I think you all need to keep your day jobs. people should be qualified for the positions. please stick to the stories it is much better than wasting time with this. stan please keep the stories coming it is much more interesting than having you all select eachother for school committee. I already know who is getting my vote....think NEW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon 8:11
    Stan is a better candidate than Spirito

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anyone is a better candidate then what we have now. I thought you had to have experience with children, degrees and credentials to be on the school committee or any elected office.
    what do all of the school committee people have?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyone is NOT better - what is wrong with the current group - unless you can give specific facts that is a very general statement!? You don't assess a person based on a single vote but according to a pattern. You need a group that have/had children in the schools and are active in the community so to understand the needs of the parents AND children. The school committee is a team and needs to work together - 4 are needed to change - one vote alone does nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ANON 912
    you are right we need four: VOTE
    Starbard
    Coppola
    Carrasco
    DeFillipo
    Now we have our four that will work for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anon 1236, you sure are good in math.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we need five though. Anyone a Survivor fan? It's a numbers game and our kids need the numbers.

    ReplyDelete