Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

Is LPS Like A Sinking Ship?

Boy, did I hear some interesting stuff. I was all excited thinking I had some juicy gossip that only I was privy to. You know confidential sources like "Deep Throat" in Watergate. Except this time I was both Woodward and Bernstein. I saw a movie in the works, "All The Superintendent's Men".

I checked my blog this morning and a reader wrote in with the exact same information. That busted my bubble. I was already planning on different ways I could spend the money I would make on merchandising "Watch" T-shirts.

Okay enough with the suspense. A "For Sale" sign has been seen in Dennis Thompson's yard. Mr. Thompson wrote the Bullying policy for Lynn School's, is responsible for tracking the 504 plan kids, wrote the grant along with Sue Rowe for the credit recovery plan, and has his fingers in a lot of the pie they are servingg up down at the administration's office.

I haven't heard if he is planning to leave LPS or not. With his six figure salary he could afford the commute, even with rising gas prices. But what if he is leaing LPS? Does he know something we don't? Hopefully somebody out there has some answers.

4 comments:

  1. from what I hear dennis thompson needs to read and practice the bullying policy in his own home as well as his neighborhood. can you say "anger management". let him ans his teacher wife go and we will save money for the schools. sorry but had to lower myself for a few mins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of Dennis - I just heard back from him concerning the 504 figures. There are approximately 650 children in the LPS with a documented disability that require an accommodation in order to access the curriculum. This disability could range from a broken arm to, well you name it. This brings the grand total (if you believe LPS) of children with disabilities to 3,000. Imagine that each of these children had one voting parent. Well that's enough for a School Committee seat....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon. 1044, see if I am understanding your comment right. Are you saying, "Physician, heal thyself"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dennis Thompson is selling his house? Wow needs bullying? I don't get this all! Do you think maybe the guy could be getting out because he might be on the chopping block, or the victim of blame he did not do? Something is not right here...wait a minute maybe he built a house and with the market he's just moving up in Lynn to a newly built home??? Let's find out what's going on! Does he get along with the super and staff? It doesn't matter how good of an employee you are it's if they have someone else for your job, or just don't like you...this has been done to other employees my child had as teachers so why not think they are doing this to him? Did he stand up for himself? others not so popular or just following the law? Stanley get the scoop...Scoop It Up Snooping Stanley relying on you as usual LOL!

    Night!

    ReplyDelete