Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Some Rumours Are True!

After playing phone tag all afternoon, Dr. Cowdell got back to me at about 4pm. He reported to me that there was a surprise security check at all three middle schools. The operation was conducted by the Lynn Police and the county sheriff.

He gave me the same description about the difference between a "Shelter In Place" and a "Lock down" that my daughter did (maybe that's cause she heard it from him). Where I come from we have another word, "Shakedown".

The good news as Dr. Cowdell pointed out was that ONLY one student was found to be in possession of drugs but the bad news is that the student was from Marshall. Dr. Cowdell says he put out one of those auto generated messages to all the parents. I probably got it but I rarely check my house phone and never check my messages.

Drugs and students unfortunately go together more than people want to admit. Thirty-five years ago or so when I was in Jr.high back in WV, I could tell stories about classmates smoking pot around school. What's worse than the crime is how the coverage was managed. It shouldn't be left to a poor disabled poet to shed light on this incident.

Does anyone remember why Martha Stewart went to jail? Not for the "insider trading" she was initially charged with but "obstruction of justice" for impeding the investigation. Dr. Cowdell is no Martha Stewart.

No comments:

Post a Comment