Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Timing Is Everything

Thank you Lynn Public Schools, thank you Lynn Daily Item. Your timing was impeccable. I can't make this stuff up, I guess you need one of those advanced degrees for that.

Maybe I read this article wrong, let me see. I think what it says, "We are winning because we are not losing as much". Don't get me wrong, it's better to be a little loser than a big loser that is unless you are in a reality show and then the biggest loser is really the winner.

Do you see where I'm going here? I don't and niether does LPS for that matter. That's just my humble opinion and what do I know? I mean I'm from WV for goodness sake.

The timing of this article is a bit ironic because at the PAC meeting last night they talked about the "poor" reading programs we have like "Trophies" and "Sidewalks On Reading Street". They trotted out all these statistic and tossed around phrases like "not scienifically based" and "not peer reviewed". They were not talking about just as the program applies to SPED students but to the student population as a whole.

Who do those SPED people think they are? How dare they broach areas that concern all the students in Lynn? I got to give it to LPS here, by not showing up to the meeting they didn't have to listen to those pesky parents.

Reading program a success; Lynn kids fight summer skill loss

No comments:

Post a Comment