Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

THIS IS NO JOKE


Lynn School Committee candidates set for test




According to the trusted ITEM we only have TWO canndidate looking to fill the two OPEN seats. With the four remaining members seeking re-election this looks to be a BORING election cycle. Without CHUCK to keep me going my pen just might dry up.

NATASHA might provide some hope to reinvigorate my writing. After all she is a LAWYER and everybody knows how I feel about them. I remember before the last election she talked about running. She went to a few different meetings that I attended. In the end though she didn't even pull papers, At the time we were kindred spirits, sort of, since we both claimed to be unemployed. Although... she did carry around a Trapper-Keeper.

My trust in her is LIMITED not only because she is a LAWYER but because uses a HYPENATED last name. I mean is she herself unsure who she is? Given her strong views on CHARTER schools she will be politically isolated on the school committee. Some would say a wasted vote.

I regret to inform her that one of the other causes she is championing, greater spending on schools, she can actually do little about. The SUPERINTENDENT sets the budget based on the numbers the MAYOR gives her. Oh it's fine to hold the position we should spend more but then answering thequestions  about where that money is coming from is not quite so easy.

The fact that this is an off-year city election though makes her chances of getting elected pretty good. With an expected low turnout it's

ALL ABOUT DAT BASE, BOUT DAT BASE

and KIPP people are nothing if notpassionate. I am sure they would welcome some representation as the embark on expanding into elementary school and taking over the budget for public education.

No comments:

Post a Comment