Search This Blog

Sunday, April 19, 2015

ETHIC'S, PERSPECTIVE, AND FAMILY

Now I like WAYNE personally. He is MY councilman and I voted for him last time and I am sure I will this time. Still though something about this whole thing troubles me.


LOOK WHO SENT MY INVITATION - BETH BRESNAHAN - Didn't she just takeover the ITEM?

Now surprise, "I'm no fancy suit wearing lawyer but I do got to wonder if there is some kind of CAMPAIGN ETHICS VIOLATION going on here because of who sent me the INVITATION.

Sure there is nothing wrong with a newspaper endorsing a candidate. Not that I am a journalist but I've even done so myself. The whole thing just leave a bad taste in my mouth and just makes me question even more the ITEM'S objectivity going forward. If that's the direction we are going.

(I'LL PROBABLY GET UNFRIENDED OVER THIS)
   
   
Beth Bresnahan invited you to Wayne Lozzi, Ward One Councilor, Lynn City Council's EVENT
Re-Election Campaign Kick-Off for Ward 1 Councilor Wayne Lozzi
Wednesday, April 22 at 6:00pm
Four Winds Pub & Grill in Lynn, Massachusetts

Join
   

Maybe
   

Decline

4 comments:

  1. Beth still works for the lottery until I believe June 30. Therefore, I am pretty sure she currently does not work for the Item. Also, she is an individual inviting people to attend an event, so I do not think there is an ethics violations at all. I get invites all the time from candidates, elected officials, their friends, family, etc to attend events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but it is a matter of OPTICS. Surely with both hers and the OWNER of the ITEM'S PR background they should have understood that. Even if there is not a violation, surely there will be questions after all didn't I just raise one?

      Remember I do like WAYNE.

      Delete
  2. interconnected circles of interest. #mobbish

    ReplyDelete