Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A FAUX FORUM

Click for Options







Went to that COMMUNITY FORUM for the Consolidated Five Year Plan for LYNN last night at the Museum. Lot of talk about Housing and examples of what little funding there is available. The whole amount wouldn't encompass 4% of LPS's budget, In fact the city pays 3 times as much to KIPP. Still though how can anyone seriously address any sort of community development without addressing the need for good schools.

Funny I didn't see any elected officials there. Their absence was noted by the rather sparse crowd. What was strongly apparent is that there is a lack of leadership in this town. Who was there was two candidates for the LSC, NATALIE M&M and JARED NICKELSON. 

NATALIE did speak about the chronic underfunding of the schools however offered no solutions. I would guess that is because no one wants to face the unpleasantness surrounding the solution. I have to give her props for at least raising the issue (the first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem) but I am not sure how electable the truth is. Lucky for her this is an off-year election and like I've said before "IT'S ALL ABOUT THAT BASE".

JARED was just there being quiet and looking like the slick lawyer I am sure he is. Being quiet and listening is how you learn things. And one of the things he learned last night was just who the heck I was. He didn't know me. Can you believe it? I mean we had just become FACEBOOK FRIENDS and everything. Well we exchanged business cards. Bottom line, at least he was there to REPRESENT.


No comments:

Post a Comment