Search This Blog

Sunday, August 4, 2013

WHO'S AFRAID OF A LITTLE OLE GHOST?

Here I was out campaigning with SW3 and I stopped to talk to a HOMEOWNER, After introducing myself and the office I'm rinning fgor he told me :Sorry, I don'y have kids". I think I was getting the brush off and I am just to stupid to know.

Undeterred I ask him, "Well do you pay taxes because about FIFTY PERCENT pf ALL property taxes go to the schools. Not to mention the highest paid city employee is the SUPERINTENDENT of schools". His interest was peaked.

A long conversation ensued about the wasteful direction much of our spending is heading. A pet peeve of his is how our students have to stand on street corners and beg for money for sports, the arts, and extracurricular activities.

That is our ghost tax.


No comments:

Post a Comment