Search This Blog

Friday, August 9, 2013

THE PROMISE OF A CAMPAIGN

If I had a pledge to sign, I would sign it. I hereby declare forthwith to not accept any political contributions from anyone. That way I can maintain my OBJECTIVITY. I don't want to owe nobody nothing.

My campaign will be finance from the political capital generated from my ideas. Ink flows through my veins and my veins run deep. If you don't believe me then GOOGLE me. You'll see what I am talking about. My opinions and positions are clearly (if you don't count the typos) and often stated.

Honestly, not just because I am poor and don't have a treasury secretary, I mean, I think a lot of bird cages are lined with political propaganda. They estimate a campaign will cost $5000 when I pulled papers. Well I surely don't have it and I am not about to ask for it. That is because it is indicative of a much larger problem in our political process. Money have replaced ideas about the same time corporations became people.

I was able to cause by  all accounts (mostly mine but no one has said anything different) the first public hearing for the school committee generated by a petition in the HISTORY of Lynn. All of this cost ZERO dollars. Less than a year later, I was part of a second petition generated public hearing that was again spawned not by money but from ideas.

THAT'S HOW THE POLITICAL PROCESS IS SUPPOSED TO WORK!

Call me ROMANTIC (go ahead, I'm on my fourth wife) but I don't want other peoples money corrupting what I believe.

3 comments:

  1. I commend you for taking this stance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how do you plan to pull out a good campaign without money? This may come as a surprise to you, but not everyone reads your blog!!!! Are you planning on hitting the streets to knock on doors?

    ReplyDelete