Search This Blog

Sunday, August 18, 2013

WE NEED TO CREATE A DEPARTMENT OF SPECIAL-ER ED

That way we could get some truth about CHARTER SCHOOLS. I don''t know the numbers, that's not my thing. I do wonder though about the comparison between the cost per student between what we allocate for charter school students versus what we do for SPED students which comprise almost 20% of our students.

Again I don't know all the details but I bet somebody out there does. SPED students trigger a distribution of federal and state funds.  For example, remember that late October night when new positions in the administration were created with CIRCUIT BREAKER FUNDS? Just what fund disbursement TO LPS does CHARTER STUDENTS trigger?

How many SPED students are at CHARTER SCHOOLS in Lynn? Surely it must be right at 20% right? Work those numbers. A true lottery is random that is what they taught me in STATISTICS class back in HIGH SCHOOL  -  LET'S GP, MOUNTAINEERS! Sorry that was our team mascot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment