Search This Blog

Monday, August 12, 2013

A PRECARIOUS POSITION I HAVE PUT MYSELF IN

I hope I survive until the debates on LYNNcam Wed. night. They were nice enough to schedule it on my kids birthday. Always thinking of me.

You see I plan on going to the LYNN CITY COUNCIL meeting Tue. night and well does anybody have any extra flack jackets just lying around. See there has been lots of shrapnel flying around lately since I declared myself not thirsty for the Kool-Aid.

I am anxious to see the language of the bond vote to see just how much we are borrowing. It is just kind of funny, that amount has changed more times than the date we are supposed to vote on it.

Taxes may not go up but  has anyone said anything about fees?

6 comments:

  1. Loraine and Rick have a dreamy idea of demolishing schools and are against fixing them. On whose pocket book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, ain't nobody going to raise no taxes. Uh hum, there might be a SLIGHT fee increase if you want the city to put out the fire at your house or pick up your trash. Does it snow in Massachusetts? Now there is an idea.

      Delete
    2. Ricky, if you were more educated on the topic and process, you would know that the MSBA will not pay to fix existing schools in such poor condition. They will only pay to replace them. And in both cases, the taxpayers are the ones who will pay (in one way or another)

      Delete
    3. They should put a toll booth at the Lynn line, people have to pay to enter. Now that would draw in some cash. They are dumb enough to do it too.

      Delete
    4. I hope it is an automated one otherwise the city will just pay some old ex-councilman $100,000 a year to man it.

      Delete
  2. Anon if you were educated you wouldn't drink the Kool-Aid.

    ReplyDelete