Search This Blog

Thursday, August 8, 2013

MELISSA, MELISSA, MELISSA

Melissa Romaniello for Lynn School Committee: Its All About The Benjamins or N2N Question #4
melissa4lynnschools.blogspot.com


It is good you plan to partner with the council. They should be concerned with what goes on in the schools but.....they kind of keep their distance because of political correctness, not stepping on anyone's toes. For this partnership to work, 1). they either have to start attending the LSC meetings (I'll save them a seat) or appoint some liasion to keep them apprised of what is actually happening. Otherwise you get some vague letter of support like the one read at the FIRST public hearing that demonstrated their ignorance about the situation.

I believe you are WRONG in your assessment of how the FORD programs are paid for.
Sorry BFF, your idea to eliminate a teaching position to fund an afterschool program is CRAZY! Yes, you have a worthy goal but I think you are going about it the wrong way. Cutting ANY direct services to kids is ludicrous. Let's get our savings from making people do their job and pare down a top heavy administration,

We have different ideas about the effectiveness of SUBSTANTIALLY SEPARATE STUFF too, I strongly believe in the importance of the community as a therapeutic tool and the power of peers. Plus, it saves transportation costs.

You can thank me later for the additional clicks to your blog!

8 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with this more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am agreeing with what you said 100%

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stanley,

    I'll have to address you on my own blog BUT at least I answered the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well since you only brought up a few points, I'll answer here and there.

    In speaking with Dr. Crane, she eliminated one teaching position and with that money funded her night school.

    I'm not saying to fire a teacher but when one retires we could use those funds for more direct services.

    Additionally, I don't know about you Stan, but when I'm elected I plan on attending all the Council meetings and encouraging the rest of the School Committee to do the same and vice versa. We need to work together.

    Having raised a child who was educated in substantially separate school, I have first hand knowledge of how well they do and do not work. I will always be the first to advocate that a child stay in their neighborhood school but sometimes a child's needs are so great that they do need a different environment in order to learn. To that point we need something better, something that we can market to outside communities, something that will create revenue instead of drain it.

    Oh, and thanks for the extra clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incorrtect information ....night school money comes from Title I funding in the case of Ford School. That money could have been used to fund any number of teaching positions not just one. Do the math...$35 an hour for every teacher and the other costs associated with it. You are twisting the truth or someone is twisting the truth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about the Title I money BUT I believe the GED classes were funded with outside money, Remember DR, LATHAM did not think Title 1 money should fund it.

      Delete
    2. Again, got my info straight form the horse's mouth. I know Dr. Crane funded some of her programs with Title 1 money. I also know she forfeited one teaching position to pay for the rest. Maybe my info is wrong that she used the money to fund the night classes, I can admit when I'm wrong, but I know she had to forfeit a teaching position in order to fund her programming. Stanley is probably right, it may be the GED classes that were funded by the teaching position. Either way, Dr. Crane utilized this funding to create needed programming.

      And Anon 12:58 - I don't twist the truth.

      Delete