Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A STAR BARD IS BORN

Broadway has home to the Lynn Auditorium or at least a couple floors above it. Out front orchestrating the whole photo op was RICK singing the praises of the MARSHALL BOND vote. Flashes were flying and shutters were closing. Almost all of the candidates for office for both the school committee and city council were circling around a poster board that had a nice picture with a nice rally cry. Most of the candidates signed the pledge and the newspaper was there to record their glory.

I wasn't in the picture and I didn't sign the pledge. Do I support the building of a new MARSHALL? heck yeah, all of the CITY COUNCILMEN were echoing how it was a no brainier and bestowing heaps of praise on the school committee and DR. LATHAM. You see though, I DON'T support this particular plan.

Now I'm too much a gentleman (I must be, I've had four wives) to come out and call CITY TREASURER RICHARD FORTUCCI a liar, plus I don't want sued. The fact remains that after attending the last MARSHALL meeting, I tried to get the PROJECT MANAGER to say just exactly we were going to have to BOND for 35 or 90 million dollars. They  were PRETTY good at being shifty enough not to give me an answer. Go to lynnhappens. com, I'm sure they got it on tape. will

So after the meeting I corner FORTUCCI who has been sitting on the building committee from the beginning and pressed him for an answer. Well he hemmed and he hauled but he finally said we would have to BOND for 35 MILLION DOLLARS. You see he tells me, we had this training. It will be PAY AS WE GO. The only thing is nobody knows exactly where we are going.

Well I goes to the city council meeting tonight and ......wait for it......wait for it...I find out we are BONDING for NINETY TWO MILLION DOLLARS. Imagine my surprise (not really but insert fake gasp). It seems our GO has done gone up and WENT. So if I was misinformed or mislead about something so simple and direct as to the extent of our OBLIGATION what makes you think we can trust them on say the degree of CONTAMINATION, the ability of the soil to support the building so we don't have a CLASSICAL II, or the safety of the proximity of the trains.

I guess it comes down to who you gonna believe - all those politicians smiling for the camera or some poor disabled poet whose only friend seems to be COUNCILOR-AT-LARGE CANDIDATE KATERINA. Well when it all comes to fruition, we are either gonna look like freaking geniuses or fools. No wait, you guys are the ones being played for fools. You see, I got nothing  so I got nothing to lose. The children of LYNN, they got everything to lose.

So what is the plan going forward after say the BOND say FAILS and it probably will. We need to start thinking about either alternative funding or another bond vote with the proper PR to sell this thing.

MAYBE THEY WILL HIRE ME!

I have always found honesty works or......

there still may be that WOTRING WING thing.





6 comments:

  1. Honesty is the best policy. It is a shame other candidates didn't speak up although they felt the same concerns. We need leaders who question things not status quo followers. Sorry to say.

    What is Plan B? ...What could have happened and what should be happening around all schools: Friendly, not hostile takings when properties are up for sale. 5 homes flipped in past 3 years around Marshall. If the residents knew their was an interested buyer maybe more would have sold. 3 more years to reconstruct existing school on lesser budget, and more homes would have flipped for sale, extending areas of play until puzzle completes.

    Is one really going to be attracted to Lynn in sending their children to a school by an active railroad? This seems ghetto.

    City is forgetting Council passed a site plan review, so maybe the density and massing issues of the low to medium income housing they were trying to knock off would have been controlled anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I can edit:
    We need leaders who question things from the beginning, and can do more research before projects get too far ahead, who want to solve problems with solutions that are good for the long run, not status quo followers/ who only look as far as the short run.


    ReplyDelete
  3. The real bard. Too bad for the children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some have a passion for right or wrong and some have a passion for politicians.
    It is an old tradition that stems back to highschool with wanting to hang with the popular crowd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you saying I'm not POPULAR. I'll have you know I have lots of administrators waving at me with at least part of their hands-ie, fingers.

      Delete
    2. They've been infected by the lies too?

      Delete