Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

THE BITTER TASTE OF TRUTH

I have been getting a lot of grief from elected officials, other candidates, and some high-level administration officials about my position on the BOND for the NEW MARSHALL that is if they were still talking to me about it. I have became a pariah. Why? Just what us my position on this BOND thing?

Have I told anyone not to vote for it? No, I don't think so. I have offered my opinion that I don't think it will pass presented the way it has been. All we hear mostly is the draconian events that will happen with failure. We are supposed to believe people will line up at the ballot box like little sheep and blindly pass the measure, whatever it is.

Well in college back in the hills I took a few philosophy classes and my FAVORITE philosopher was SOCRATES and well he was put to death for asking questions (See why I am paranoid?). That is all I'm doing is asking questions. People don't like that because then they are expected to give answers. It's kind of ironic in a poetic sort of way. This is all over a school and the official charge that warranted SOCRATES death was "Corrupting the Young".

Wouldn't it have been nice if someone would have asked a few more questions before we built CLASSICAL?

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you. If we go at this with our heads in the sand (as Mr. Starbard and his following are) we will be guaranteed to be in a worse position than we are with Classical. People don't like being asked questions that they can't answer, or questions that will reveal the underlying truth. We see this every day with those in office or running for office. There's no question that we need this Marshall school to happen, but jumping the gun just to make it happen isn't the answer. Keep asking the questions, someone has to answer them eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. No one has given me grief yet. I love the works of Socrates.

    ReplyDelete