Search This Blog

Thursday, August 8, 2013

UNSPINNING THE NEW MARSHALL SPIN

I was reading in today's Item that the MAYOR favors borrowing the ENTIRE cost for the new Marhall now to take advantage of our current BOND rating. Hmmm......this is a different one pitched by everyone at all the school committee meetings.

In fact it is different from the one given to me by Rich Fortucci, whatevr position he holds in city government, told me at the last Marshall building meeting when I pressed him for a DIRECT answer on the extent of our indebtness for the project. I just wanted to know EXACTLY how much we were have to borrow, the 34 million that is our 20% (that is really 40%) or the whole 87 million. He grudgingly (my opinion) insisted the lower amount.

I was also told that CFO Caron (Fortucci's replacement) sent an e mail insisting the extent of our indebtness would be the lower amount. My source would have shared the e mail with me but there were conflicting confidentiality disclaimers.

DON'T YOU THINK WE OUGHT HAVE A LITTLE AGREEMENT BEFORE WE VOTE ON TAKING ON THE DEBT!

Again I ask you,"Who you gonna believe, a LIAR like me OR a politican who has TWO truths?"

6 comments:

  1. I am not sure which article you are referring to, but I if you are referring to the following, then this is not what the mayor said.

    http://www.itemlive.com/news/kennedy-phelan-in-first-debate/article_bd56c868-ffae-11e2-8516-001a4bcf887a.html

    What she said in this article is that the city’s high bond rating and low interest rates mean city borrowing to pay for Marshall should be done sooner than later. She did not say this meant borrowing the entire 87 million. I think you misinterpreted what was written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got the article. Maybe I did misinterpret. It wouldn't be the first timr. Of course maybe I didn't.

      Delete
    2. Since I ain't paying no online service so I guess I'll have to take your word

      Delete
  2. So Lil'Lori schools me on schools and said the Mayot is in favor of bonding the entire twenty percent that is really forty percent up front than piece meal as we go.

    Okay I stand corrected yet....does anybody really think that they are going to build this school and under NO circumstances will our obligation exceed 17 million dollars. Wait its $34 million now and we haven't broke contaminated ground yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is really 40% and $35(ish) million dollars that the taxpayers will be responsible for. And the Mayor is in favor of bonding this entire amount at once while our rating is good, while Phelan is in favor of bonding it in stages as the project progresses. Phelan as we know did state the ground was contaminated, but the Mayor denied this and gave an explanation of the results and offered anyone who was interested to come to her office to read the results.

      Delete
    2. I need to go have a look at those results!

      Delete