Search This Blog

Friday, February 1, 2013

GROUND HOG DAY COMES EARLY

Anybody else remember the old BILL MURRAY movie? You know the one where his character has to relive the same day over and over again? I kind of feel that's what is happening here? The big difference is what is happening here ain't funny.

Here is what I am talking about. Last year at about this same time I think, CERTIFICATES OF ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE were awarded to two seniors from each of the three hogh schools. The problem I had last year is the SAME one I have this year. You see last time I checked in LYNN, I believe we have FOUR high schools. FACTEAU-LEARY grants diplomas. I mean otherwise their graduation exercises are an exercise in charades.

How can we expect these students to take education seriously if we don't take them seriously. I mean SERIOUSLY!

At the end of the day, one high school diploma is as good as the other if one goes no further. LPS ought to be in the business of encouraging ALL our kids to EXCEL. I hope I don't have to repeat this same post yet again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment