Search This Blog

Monday, February 18, 2013

GETTING OUR LINES CROSSED

I am all for more education. Learning is a good thing and that's why I APPLAUD the entire LYNN SCHOOL COMMITTEE for getting involved in the DISTRICT GOVERNANCE SUPPORT PROJECT.

This means a trainer is going to come up and give them 5 or 6 sessions before they are finished with the whole program. In their eagerness to avail themselves of this knowledge, they are going to cram all of their sessions on alternate Thursday nights when there ism't a LSC meeting. I love their thirst for knowledge.

BUT......

to be honest here I do have one little concern, well it's about 120 million little concerns. You see there is talk about starting these sessions after March 1st and that means Thursday nights are going to be pretty tied up into MAY. On the surface that;s okay,. Make them earn that STIPEND,

The problem is you see that is right in the middle of BUDGET season and well I'm afraid that their schedules might get to cramped and they won't be able to pay the attention to the BUDGET process that it deserves.

Then in turn it will fall on me to scrutinize decisions that get made or just happen. Lines of poetry and lines on a balance sheets have been found to intersect on occasion. I don't like to get all perpendicular and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment