Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

LIL' LORI SAYS "INTERPRET THIS!"

It seems that frustration about the lack over direction about the interpretation over LPS'S procedure on policies or was that the policy on procedures has reached a culmination with the filing of a complaint with the DEPARTMENT OF SECONDARY AND ELEMENTARY EDUCATION.

It seems that LIL" LORI has been given a proper education on the necessity of providing copies of your complaint to all concerned parties thanks to the good folks at DESE.

I could have told her about those cumbersome necessary formalities, thanks to my decade plus long on-the-job training in Probate court. I don't think my graduation will ever come. I so need a party.


2 comments:

  1. The DESE only requires that you send the Superintendent a copy of anything you send to them, but I also sent a copy to the school committee just so they are aware a complaint has been filed. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that a complaint had to even be filed. We are a large urban district where more than half of the student population is Latino and about 50 languages are spoken. I think it perfectly sensible to have a district policy regarding interpretation and translation services. Once again, I know Dr. Latham claims there are procedures that are followed, which include giving a 24 hour notice if these services are needed, but she seems to be one of just a few people who are even aware these procedures exist. The reason for this is because there is not a record/document anywhere containing or explaining these so-called procedures. I know this because I asked to see a copy of it. Therefore, if no document exists containing these procedures, then there is nothing to distribute or make available to the parents/guardians who need these services. How then are parents/guardians suppose to know about their existence? Of course, it will not surprise me if a record/document containing these procedures miraculously appears in the near future (It wouldn't be the first time it has happened)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe in the miracle of SPONTANEOUS GENERATION!

      Delete