Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2013

IT'S TRUE! CLAY'S CANDIDACY COMING THRU


  • Dear Friends,
    I hope you will join me at my first fundraiser of 2013 in support of my candidacy for Council At Large in Lynn. In 2011 we received 2552 votes; a sign that community heard our message and witnessed our hard work.

    My commitment to Lynn and the community has not faltered. Over the past year I continued my support of local organizations and businesses. I still participate with the Highlands Coalition, Island Santa, Knights of Columbus, LYSOA, and Friends of Lynn Woods. Recently I began ‘The Lynn Show’, which via YouTube, highlights individuals who are making a positive difference in our community.

    I have a lot of great ideas that I plan to discuss at this fundraiser. If we start thinking positively about what we want our city to be and have a can do attitude, we will turn Lynn around.

    Please save the date as your presence means a lot to me and my committee. Suggested donations: $25 - $50 - $100 - $250 - $500

    If you are unable to attend, please consider making a contribution to:

    Elect Walsh Committee
    62 Verdmont Ave.
    Lynn MA 01904

    Thank you for your support!
    -Clay Walsh



This is not the first time I have got an invite from CLAY. I actually got comp tickets to one at the start of the last election cycle. Seems like people like poetry. He said some good things before about the value of education in our economic development. In turn I said some good things about him.

BUT....

then a sneaky secret source who failed in her attempt at SCHOOL COMMITTEE (Oops, did I let the secret out?) urged me to GOOGLE so I did. I found an old newspaper article from which he was exonerated.

I tried to remain objective. JUST THE FACTS, MA'AM, JUST THE FACTS.

STILL...

the story took on a life of its own. I tried to let it die but between the defenders and the proliferation of poetry, well suffice it to say all the distractions distracted from the attractions.

Through all the hyped up hoopla, CLAY was a rock and conducted himself admirably then and ever since has been nothing but supportive of the goals of a good education.

I have said it before - I HAVE PUT CLAY THROUGH A POETIC PURGATORY. His conduct throughout has earned my respect and support. While I may not agree with him on some of his state and federal political preferences, in the city we are on common ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment