Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

ROTTEN TO THE CORE

Curriculum Questions, they have left me QUIZZLED (that's what I love about poetry - don't have a word? Just make it up!). Let me say right up front, I don't know what I am talking about, this curriculum stuff is complicated and well it's no wonder it seems to be in chaos to me.

Maybe not, maybe it's just me. Have I told you before that I am disabled? Anyway my DISABILITY does come from BRAIN DAMAGE. I know that explains a lot.

Here goes my understanding of the current SERIOUS SITUATION at hand. By the way, for the record, I would like to say "my hand is not disabled - my right one anyway". See we are about to be FORCED into the COMMON CORE STANDARDS such that everyone across the country is teaching the same thing.

Money was spent over the summer and development was developed. Teachers were tasked tactlessly with tedious template training on what to teach, the result of which to be transformed into temporary textbooks effectively.

The resulting effect on the affect on the tired teachers caused them to complain and grieve with a grievance of gargantuan implications. It seems they were given unreasonable, uncompensated homework of their own on how to teach on what must be taught.

After a designation of arbitration it was determined that the tasks were too much for the teachers to take. So now LPS must not only take another bite of the apple they must get a whole new apple. Even though they already PAID for the one they have to throw away.

IF ONLY.....

someone with recognition at the administration read and recognized my imperfections and omissions. Then they could come forth with the fruits of their fuitition. You know so we could compare, prunes and pears or apples and oranges.

No comments:

Post a Comment