Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

WELCOME TO OUR VILLAGE

 Marblehead senior's donation helps Ford School students

The ITEM did a fine job with this story. Who doesn't love AARON? But I just want to remind everyone this is BIGGER than one little elementary school. Because pictures and videos can be captured by this microscope can be shared with other schools not only across the district, across the state, across the country or even the world, this really is a BIG deal.

Combine this with their DIRECT LEARNING DIGITAL hookup and the IMAGINE LEARNING computer classes, this NASA EXPLORER school puts the "S" in STEM. How about a little credit, LPS?

4 comments:

  1. Used within the curriculum ? Ever had these before? Nice donation but did he ask what would be a nice donation? Hate to shoot down a positve but hey you do it all the time...this is not needed, will not be effectively used and the Hillel kids are always,donating things for their bar mitzvahs etc that are unsolicited un used,but make great publicity....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse me but do you have any idea of what you are talking about. I have never had an EDUCATION class, I have taught in private schools a little but just enough to know I've got no talent for this field. I have used an electron scanning microscope when I was in jr. high school. I don't think it or any other gadgets I was exposed to was IN THE CURRICULUM but they did spark a curiosity that was priceless. It sounds to me your petty remarks must stem from JEALOUSY.

      Delete
    2. Jealous...no practical, if asked I would have rather had text books that could be used with my entire class or a field trip that aligns with the curriculum or even a guest speaker who could speak about something that my class studies..... 800 kids an a microscope or two ...not so much but would the Item have covered those other options????

      Delete
    3. You obviously don't get it. These microscopes plug in to the SMARTBOARDS so the WHOLE class sees it at once. Plus a picture or video can be taken from this device and shared. You're right, jealous may not be the right word IGNORANT might be. As far as the ITEM covering the story, can you name another school in LYNN that has this device?

      Delete