Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

DEVELOPING STORY - THE COST OF CURRICULUM CHAOS

My knowledge of this story is limited but I am researching and I hope OTHERS can add to it.

Now here is what I heard:

The TEACHER'S UNION won a grievance against our new DIRECTOR OF CURRICULUM whereby all of the training and expensive consulting done over the summer becomes a mute point, effectively sending us back to square one.

With MCAS tests coming up, they are scrambling. There is all this talk about the new CORE curriculum and new textbooks and how the teachers were kind of expecting the teachers to come up with their own books and all this talk of templates, not to mention lesson plan books. So confusing, I'm glad I'm a poet.

I definitely am glad I'm not an accountant or a mountain climber because I bet there are going be questions about RACE TO THE TOP monies.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think any of this would be an issue in wealth lavished communities. I love teachers, it is the system i object to,she said, ending with a preposition.
    LaValley

    ReplyDelete