Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

LORI GETS LET DOWN BY LATHAM

Only her hairdresser knows! Somebody at LPS is splitting hairs. Really. Everybody knows LORI likes to talk but now she gets to LAUGH.  All she wants is to get a little information but LPS is going to need some new shoes cause looks like their dragging their feet. Have a look:


I got an email from maureen horgan in the compliance office pretty much letting me know that my request for the public information was not good enough (although those were not her words) She gave me a website I should go to where I will find there is a "sensible way of requesting public information". I forwarded her the email I got from the state ethics commission which clearly states how to request information and even provides a template which I used. I also told her I was not playing this ridiculous game with her or Dr. Latham.

4 comments:

  1. I actually misquoted Ms. Horgan. The email I got stated that she found some areas for concern when reviewing my request for public records pertaining to the school councils. She directed me to the website for the office of William Galvin, Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and stated, "I think once you have read this section you will agree that this is a sensible and effective way to make a records request." It was pretty interesting because this is exactly where I got my information and the template I used in composing my request. I informed her I was not going to continue to play this ridiculous game with her or Dr. Latham. I then called Secretary Galvin's office and spoke to an attorney in the public records division. We spoke for several minutes and she informed me that my request was correct and appropriate. She too didn't understand what the problem was or why Dr. Latham and Ms. Horgan responded the way they did. She also reminded me that if I did not get a response in writing within 10 calendar days, I could file an appeal with her office. She suggested I also send a copy of the request to our city clerk. Therefore, I just resent the request to Dr. Latham, Ms. Horgan, the school committee members, the mayor and Mary Audley. Once again, Dr. Latham has stated, "Active involvement of families and the community in our students’ education is a key to student success and one of my highest priorities" but I think her actions suggest otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He said, she said!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you would like, I can forward you all the emails and the contact information for Secretary Galvin's office, just give me your name and email address. My name is Lori D'Amico and my email address is loridamico74@gmail.com.

      Delete