Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

LATHAM CALLS ON VICE SQUAD TO CLEAN UP SCHOOLS


Latham names principals for Breed, Pickering

Okay maybe that headline was written in such a way generate hits but can you blame me? I mean I want to be sure I hit the 150,000 mark by the PUBLIC HEARING ON THE BOGUS BUDGET.

So I am trying to generate clicks when I really want to talk about cliques. Since MR. RITERHAUS has extensive experience in ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS, he will understand this.

However what I don't understand is the stated reasoning that went into the other selection. I am sure JULIE LOUF is qualified and all but why did LUCKY LATHAM have to point out and praise MS. LOUF'S school improvement planning and teacher evaluation experience? Last I heard from my sources, real and imaginary BREED was in danger of being named a LEVEL 4 school under her ACTING HELM but was saved through a one year designation moratorium thanks to a NCLB waiver.

Not being a MATH person, I guess I just have trouble with that LOGIC stuff. I mean, maybe......

 BOTTOM FEEDERS MAKE BETTER EATERS!

4 comments:

  1. I think zero effort was put into these selections. If Lathem truly cared she would have put more time into the hiring process of these two positions. I guess the saying " you get what you pay for " isn't always true. She is payed a whole lot of money to do absolutely nothing as it shows in ours school statistics.


    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I've mentioned before, the 3 years my child went to Breed was a nightmare due to teachers, guidance counselors,and administrators who lacked essential and necessary skills. Of course the overcrowded and chaotic classrooms did not help either. However, Julie Louf certainly cannot be blamed for the condition of Breed. She was only acting principal for a short period. Also, Fred Dupuis was not on Dr. Latham's favorite list and because of this, he did not receive the support and resources he and his school needed. As a result of Dr. Latham's lack of support, Breed and the children who attend it suffered the consequences. From my own personal experiences with Julie Louf during the 3 years my child went there, I can say that she was always very helpful, professional, knowledgeable and fair. I really liked her and I think she is an asset to Breed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While it may be true the role players on the BREED team may have not been performing up to par but who picks them? The only way to change this under performing play is to change actors, not just use the same old cast of characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree 100% that LPS definitely needs a change of staff in every school, but particularly on Commercial Street!! How can we expect improvements in our schools and district when the decisions are being made by the same person and people who have been making them for years? Where has that gotten us? Oh yeah....right at the bottom as one of the worst school districts in the state.

      Delete