Search This Blog

Friday, July 6, 2012

DOLLAR DAZE - EXPLANATION DUE ON INNOVATION

For about two years now, we been hearing we're going on a journey to what is called the educational promise land otherwise known as an INNOVATION SCHOOL. We staffed somebody out of the RACE TO THE TOP grant to lead us there. It has not been cheap with two years of a salary of a little over $81,000 per year. Now would be a good time to remind you I work for FREE.

For whatever reason, I hear we missed the grant which I suppose comes with a designation. No worries, I hear people say after all it was only a small grant  so we'll just go on our own. Especially since DR. LATHAM alluded to proposed benefits of this school tricking throughout the system as partial justification why we should shelf KNOW ATOM, a proven MCAS booster.

However as I understand it and I freely admit I am not as smart as LUCKY LATHAM or that VARMINT VIXEN, the grant is not really as important as the designation. I think the designation comes with some sort of union waiver allowing a little more flexibility, a little more creativity in curriculum, instruction, and schedule.

SO.....

the way I see it, the best this INNOVATION SCHOOL can do is what the FORD SCHOOL has been doing for TWENTY YEARS and it didn't take an extra $162,000 to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment