Search This Blog

Monday, June 10, 2013

TAKEN FOR A RIDE

I was in a SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT COUNCIL meeting at FORD SCHOOL this morning where DR, LATHAM was gracious enough to attend to explain the logic behind the plans for the KINDERGARTEN CENTER. I think it was to make us feel better. It did not work for me.

Let's start with the fact that she came with a posse. She was accompanied by DAVE HEGAN, TRANSPORTATION CZAR and PARENT INFORMATION PERSON (one head, two hats) and MS. MAHONEY, an ASST. DIRECTOR OF CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD LEARNING. Pretty intimidating duo

I wonder if they they were on the traveling squad when the other two schools, BRICKETT and TRACY? Well I guess the DOC agrees with me FORD is special. The joke was on her cause she walked into a packed room of COUNCIL MEMBERS. Actually it looked more packed than it was. Small room, chairs in a row.

One of the major concerns some parents gave is the fact that there aren't seat belts on the buses, I don't know, mist be true MR. HEGAN seemed to defend the SAFETY of the belt-less buses. Citing extensive research, he says NEW buses are built in such a way that he said he wiuld feel safer in a bus without belts than ride in some of the vans with a seat belt.

REALLY?\

OPEN MOUTH, INSERT FOOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment