Search This Blog

Monday, June 17, 2013

DOLLAR DAZE III -WE'RE PAYING FOR A BUSLOAD OF TROUBLE

Somebody help me get this straight. Now everybody knows we got problems with class size. No argument there. To solve it they are planning on busing 7 busloads of 5 yr. old's all the way across town.....

WHILE....

we have a whole school at FALLON with a budget of $923,000 ($50 K just to heat it with gas) maybe 6 classrooms serving I'm sure a small number of kids who probably all get bused from somewhere else.

We seriously need to look at district wide re-zoning so that only the most medically fragile get bused.

I BELIEVE THE COMMUNITY IS THE STRONGEST THERAPEUTIC TOOL!

Don't listen to me, I'm just a parent who;s been there.

2 comments:

  1. I asked about Fallon's capacity a few months ago (among other schools) and if I am not mistaken, I believe I was told that there are only a couple hundred (if that)"behavioral" kids attending the school, but I could be wrong. I remember hearing (and I do not know if it's accurate) that Dr. Latham should not have closed the Fallon School and that the MSBA was not happy and was going to make LPS pay back a lot of money to the MSBA if she didn't re-open Fallon. If this is the case, it sounds like Dr. Latham did what she was ordered to do and technically re-opened Fallon to avoid having to pay back any money, but she is not fully utilizing the the school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well looking at budget, I only see 12 teaching positions. I don;t know if all have classrooms. Since they are SPED, I think class size is limited to 12. At MOST that would be 144, I'm guessing. Doesn't seem like an efficient use of space.

      Delete