Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

HAS PHELAN FOUND A NEW FRIEND IN ME?

Phelan letter on Marshall vote rankles mayor

Tim, Tim, Tim, you should have came to ME before getting the MAYOR all upset. That is MY job. You see don;t let them kid you, you are right to have questions about the moving of the BOND vote.

I know I have needled you a little in the past but you see it's the poet in me, I couldn't resist. We did have this little disagreement over FACEBOOK  and well I went in a PHONETIC FRENZY. Alliteration is a poet's occupational hazard for us poets.

First lets talk about the SIZE of the BOND. Originally I was reporting we were going to have to borrow the whole amount. But the waters were muddied at the LSC meetings and they kept stressing that it was going to be pay as you go and we were at least given the PERCEPTION that we would not have to put the WHOLE amount at RISK. I began to doubt myself I mean, if you listen to them I have a history of being wrong.

I guess I'm better at HISTORY than MATH, especially the new math and their fancy way of figuring.

Now I have been screaming before that the CITY COUNCIL should have some sort of liaison in the audience at the LSC meeting since the MAYOR chairs the meetings given her an unfair advantage. I mean, half of the CITY'S budget is LPS'S spending. It just seems to me that council would want to know how the money is being spent.

The date was set at the last LSC meeting. A vote was taken. Now I see in the paper JOHN FORD is trying to give the MAYOR wiggle room by saying the language was about INTENTION. Really, do you think Mr, FORD is an expert on language? That my friend is a FOUL idea. Roll the video tape.

You are RIGHT to call for a QUICK BOND vote for a couple, three reasons. You see by delaying the vote it gives me more time to pick apart the fiscal irregularities; there is that 90 day window after the end of the feasibility study and by pushing the date of the vote back ,well that doesn't give you a chance to scramble to find alternative funding if you get a NO vote; and this later date will mean a HIGHER voter turnout which could make it problematic to get the thing passed.

Looks like I have to side with you on this one TIMMY BOY but I'm not sure too many people want me on their side. I mean you can't trust me because I fight for the truth all the time which is not always their version, you know FACTS 2.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment