Search This Blog

Monday, June 10, 2013

A SHELL BY ANY OTHER NAME

I tried to be good, honest I did. I was at a SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT COUNCIL meeting at FORD SCHOOL. It was a special meeting called because DR. LATHAM had graciously accepted an invitation to the council to talk about the plans for the new KINDERGARTEN CENTER on COMMERCIAL STREET. This meeting was kind of like talking about talking about stabling a horse after leaving the barn door open.

Now I did make a comment about how the addition of the new princiPAL and clerical staff would be a NEW cost going on perpetuity. Makes it hard to get an accurate assessment of the ACTUAL cost. Dare I say DECEPTIVE? I wanted to quit, I really did.

I made my DECLARATIVE statement and in a most non-argumentative way. My Mama raised me to respect my elders but then again she didn't raise no FOOL (It;s just a coincidence I pulled my NOMINATION papers on APRIL FOOL'S DAY). You see it's really hard to find the ACTUAL cost because this expense comes from that line and this expense comes from that line. For eample it will cost $270,000 to bus these KIDS but you don't know that is what you see because it's coming out of the TRANSPORTATION line.

How about a line that gives you the total COST PER STUDENT? Follow the money.

I ended up saying, "IT'S ALL A SHELL GAME!".

DR. LATHAM quickly assured me that it was not even stating that she took offense at the implication,

Now you know me, it was never my intention to OFFEND ANYONE! Wait a minute, was that lightening striking just now?

No comments:

Post a Comment