Search This Blog

Friday, December 28, 2012

THE ENGLISH ARE COMING! WAIT, WHERE DID THEY GO?

I am sorry with all of the attention I have been giving the MARSHALL DRUG MESS I have neglected the follow-up on the ENGLISH English teacher CANDIDATE CROWLEY and I want to know, albeit for different reasons at least we share in our curiosity. It is such a tender moment for me, I feel all perclepted.. Talk amongst yourselves.

Unfortunately I've had more dealings with the POLICE than anyone ought to. Granted most of my legal experience has been with the Probate Court and that is a whole different animal. In fact that court wasn;t even given space in the NEW courthouse in SALEM. Yeah they call it LOVER'S COURT, another sign of disrespect.

BUT....

my experiences have not been exclusively with civil courts. There is a MUCH higher threshold of accountability in criminal matters. There is supposed to be anyway. Police officers are given a certain degree of latitude in their application of the law. This is where JUDGES get ticked off sometimes when they perceive that latitude has melded in to interpretation.

LET'S PAUSE....

for a brief civics refresher. There are three branches of government - 1) Executive:they carry out the law (that's where the police fall), 2) Legislative:they pass the laws and 3), Judicial:they INTERPRET the law.

DO YOU SEE WHERE I AM GOING HERE?

Maybe there has been no follow-up story because there was NO case. From published reports anyway, it would seem there was a severe lack of evidence. Then again you can't believe everything you read (I heard that) but it sure would be nice to have something to read.

The awful thing is that even if that case was dismissed, that teacher's life will never be the same. A paid vacation will do little to erase the black mark. If it wasn't dismissed then we have an even bigger story and CANDIDATE CROWLEY'S soapbox will get a little higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment