Search This Blog

Monday, December 3, 2012

PLANS TO FAIL WINNING?

I had a meeting this morning at FORD SCHOOL with the SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT COUNCIL. I've been attending, sometimes sporadically, since my old VOLUNTEER LIBRARIAN days. I also still have a connection through my work with the HIGHLANDS COALITION.

Of course the crowding and the space conditions continue. We had to walk through the remnants
 of the ONLY STAFFED LIBRARY IN A NON-FAILING ELEMENTARY SCHOOL in the city. There was a fifth-grade class opposite the library and we walked right by it. I wonder if the disruption was in the lesson plan?

I heard they are planning on some kind of fix next summer. That's good.....

EXCEPT....

MCAS scores won't wait and those kids are going to be denied a fair and equitable education. Not to worry, they're just a bunch of poor kids and when that school goes LEVEL 4 we can fire DR. CRANE who's done exemplary things with Scotch tape and baling wire.

I thought the LSC was going to address this issue. Guess not, too busy bad-mouthing parents.


5 comments:

  1. Why didn't dr crane have the meeting somewhere else ? There are other spaces that hold 10 people then u would not have disrupted,the 5 th grade .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact is that the class is out in the open. everybody disturbs it.

      Delete
  2. Why didn't you walk around from the second floor...seems like you want to,disrupt this classroom?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the elevator is not on that side of the building and well I am disabled you know. I am not just another pretty poet.

      Delete
    2. Anon 5:44....I think the better question for you to ask would be why is there a 5th grade class in the library out in the open being disturbed by everyone in the first place?

      Delete