Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

MARSHALL'S MAIN MAN


Dear Santa,
Please bring me a new building, but please don't change my students or my teachers. I really like the ones that I have now!
- from Dr. Cowdell


I was under the impression that PRINCIPALS weren't supposed to be on FACEBOOK. Does DR. LATHAM or COUNCIL PRESIDENT PHELAN know?

Me, I think it is a good thing, anything to improve communication......

I JUST WISH.....

a little more effort had been put into trying to get in touch with me about my daughter's academic and attendance problems. Now that I know, I warned her that I will call on the GODS OF POETRY to hold all those accountable.

PERHAPS....

if DR. COWDELL had spent a little less time on SANTA'S lap begging for buildings, he could have paid a little more attention to his students he might have been able to keep his PERSONAL promise to me on keeping me informed about my daughter's progress.

Don't worry RICH, I mean "Who am I?" and after all you won;t be alone in feeling the ping of poetry.

6 comments:

  1. How can you not know your daughter is tardy17 times in one quarter? maybe you need to open up lines of communication with her instead of the principal....don't you ask her what she get on tests? Does her homework? You are the parent at the end of the day and you can't have people reporting on her forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a print out from one of her counselors. I have a VERY complicated situation. Believe me there are quite a few people who should have known including DCF and a Probation officer for a CHINS. I sat in DR, COWDELL'S office this fall back when there were a few tardies less than the limit that would have triggered a in school suspension. DR. COWDELL sat across from me at his desk and PERSONALLY promised me to keep me informed of everything from grades to Open Houses. I got nothing.

      We are about to be on the verge of wanting to spend $70 million for a NEW building. The schoool is not on the verge of being a LEVEL 4 school just because the roof leaks.

      Delete
  2. Easier to place blame elsewhere - the school has over a thousand students and you have one - I would recommend student and parent accountablilty. The early individuals learn they are accountable for their own actions the better off we all are..these are lessons students learn at home. Perhaps your time would be better spent following up on your daughters academic and attendance there would be less problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Cowdell supposedly comes from a clinical background, so I took him at face value when sitting across from him and discussing my situation, he said he understood my position. In fact, he completed my sentences and promised to keep me in the loop. I met monthly with DCF but they kept it from me.

      Delete
  3. If I had such complicated home situations as you do I would put my effort there instead of doing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but this preserves my sanity. Besides my COMPLICATED HOME SITUATION has trained me for this. KEEP SMILING

      Delete