Search This Blog

Sunday, December 9, 2012

I'D LIKE TO INCORPORATE THE SCORES OF THE ANNEX

I was cruising on FACEBOOK looking for something to write about as I prone to do sometimes and I stumbled on this:


RESULTS OF FORD SCHOOL ANNEX STUDENTS JUST BEFORE CLOSING:

Proficiency is percent of students who were proficient or better in each subject.

6th grade: 72% proficiency ELA; 54% math proficiency (highest in city both subjects)

7th grade: 61% ELA; 35% math (equal to Pickering in ELA, second to Pickering in math)

8th grade: 75% ELA; 42% math (highest in the city both subjects)


Now I am not often speechless but I was at a loss for words (mot really but it sounds nicee. don't you just love how it rolls off your tongue?).

Given our disastrous MCAS scores citywide, how can we ignore this relatively inexpensive to our problems?  Instead we are going to be asked to pass a tax increase disguised as a BOND to build a state-of-the-art middle school that  everybody agrees will be TOO SMALL on what many are calling contaminated land by potentially dangerous railroad tracks.

Now let's talk about those OPEN and PUBLIC meetings well that weren't exactly that. Oh yes, the letter of the law was followed. No violations here, BUT.....there were complaints about not being notified expressed at the last meeting at MARSHALL. There were also some scheduling conflicts but I am not one to start any rumors on intentions. Oh yeah, the meeting was held in the back cafeteria and there weren't any signs that I saw. To be fair, I must disclose I need to have the cataracts in my left eye removed. I am a mullti-dimension-ally disabled individual.

THEN there is the timing of this next OPEN meeting. Looks like it is set to happen in the morning when most people are working and can't come. ME, I'm not working but I still can't come - got parent stuff to do. CATHE, you should have checked with to see if I'm available before you schedule these things. You know me, I want to work TOGETHER (to be honest I don't think she TRUSTS me).

Back to the ANNEX, so......

It looks like you won't be needing that SWING SPACE you were crying about and since the LPS ADMINISTRATION is SUPPOSED to be moving to BENNETT STREET that will leave COMMERCIAL STREET open and well FORD SCHOOL with all its NASA ties and a microscope that hooks up to the SMART board (more on this INCREDIBLE story later) seems to me it would be a PERFECT fit to move the ANNEX there

I mean you are planning on moving your office out right? You do like those scores, don;t you?

SO, ARE YOU FEELING ME, LUCKY?

No I didn't mean like that. C'mon I've been married enough times already/

No comments:

Post a Comment