Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

ALL SET WITH THE STATUS QUO


The Daily Item: Under Secretary of Education tours Lynn program



Congressman Tierney was eager to show just what we are doing here.

Obviously it must have been another area where the Congressman didn't know what was going on. He found out.


“That is painful for me to hear,” Kanter told a crowd of roughly two dozen educators and officials that came out to meet her.

How embarrassing for Tierney. I hope he was smart enough to BE EMBARRASSED. With a waiting  list of over 1000 the extent of the ineptness LPS has shown in dealing with this problem is both enormous and frightening. I understand the funding issue. I, also understand for every one dollar you spend in early education you get four dollars in return.

Where is LPS'S creativity? It's innovation? (oh, I forgot, we've redefined that word.) What about community or private partnerships?

DR. LATHAM has demonstrated her distaste for cooperation with the OCCUPY LVYI example. My friends at the NEW LYNN COALITION will probably be mad at me for bringing this up but it needs to be said. Remember all the lovey dovey talk of the board and autonomy, well limited autonomy. It's about to get VERY LIMITED.

That STIPEND position to help the school work with the COMMUNITY was created on DR.LATHAM'S own without any input from anybody. I heard from several sources that she admitted her haste in posting the position and had agreed to pull it down and discuss it before the whole committee last meeting.

I was there and I heard no talk. The position stayed up and while I've heard of no hiring but my being IGNORANT would not be a new thing. 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry but tierney lost my vote! just another liar in politics! I guess the Lynn demo party needs to find another loser to run. If you were smart you would stay far away from him. he knows nothing and is another puppet for the Lynn Demos.......Just ask Gallo, Cahill and Walsh! Enough said!

    ReplyDelete