Search This Blog

Saturday, August 4, 2012

A NEW PRINCI(PAL), A FRIEND OF A DIFFERENT FLAVOR

At the LSC meeting I was excited to learn the new principal hired for the WASHINGTON SCHOOL is a BLACK MAN, a double dose of diversity. I began writing the PRAISE SONGS for DR. LATHAM in my head.

THEN HE OPENED HIS MOUTH......

and I was reminded ignorance comes in many colors Now I have a well documented history of making mistakes and after all us poets, well we like to be fuzzy when it comes to facts.

But the new princiPAL,  Mr. John Licorish, of the INNOVATION (in name only) STEM SCHOOL is supposed to be a man of MATH and SCIENCE. Those people are supposed to be concerned with little things like details and QUANTIFIABLE truths.

During his introductory  remarks, he proclaimed that after an exhaustive Internet search, he thoght LPS was about to open the FIRST ELEMENTARY INNOVATION SCHOOL.

Really now? That would be quite an accomplishment if it were TRUE!

After the meeting I approached him and introduced myself interrrupting his tet e tete with DR. MENINO. I informed him I thought he was wrong and gave my example as proof, you know the REVERE SCHOOL that was the first INNOVATION SCHOOL in the state, who's principazl used to be the vice-principal at FORD.

Mr. LICORISH assured me he thought he was right and DR. MENINO either played dumb or actually was.

Anyway after about two minutes on the Internet yesterday I found this:

http://www.revereps.mec.edu/paul_revere_web/index.html

BUSTED! I always liked the RED licorice better anyway.

4 comments:

  1. I guess that he was incorrect, but I bet that he knows that Principal is not spelled
    "P-R-I-N-I-P-A-L" as it is on the website that you linked. Maybe that's how they spell it in Revere, or perhaps she learned that from Crane? Probably a Highlands thing since your spelling leaves a lot to be desired!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tanks but in the HIGHLANDS I learned to spell it PRINCIPLE but I have learned that spelling is not in use on COMMERCIAL STREET

      Delete
    2. Nicely put Stanley!! I still get amused by those who insult Dr. Crane (especially when they do not have the courage to leave their real name) The jealousy is evident!!

      Delete
  2. No one is jealous. We just see through the smoke and mirrors. Dr crane can be A very vindictive person and use her influence however she sees fit...not always for good...sorry it is the truth

    ReplyDelete