Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

YOU DON'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

I have learned something new. Not just me, it seems that many of our teachers have learned something new too. Actually what I learned is about our kids learning and some teacher's teaching

The subject of my new knowledge is the object of some of the teaching. I strenuously object to the objective of the practice of subjecting our kids to teachers on a REGULAR basis who are not certified in the subjects they are teaching. Now I'm not talking about RANDOM SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS. I understand this is happening on a REGULAR basis in a school in LPS. All because of a lack of mastery of the master schedule.

Not only does this mean you are getting shortchanged for the teachers you pay for but our kids are getting an inferior education. Who do we blame? The TEACHERS-hardly. They are just doing what they are told by the people who sign their paychecks. We need to hold accountable the taskmasters who assign the tasks.

6 comments:

  1. Where do u find these certified people who want to substitute . That is why I say mr. Wotring step up,to the plate and do something with that degree you have. You say how effective you were as an non certified librarian , which of course you sir were not ,, on a long term basis. But you are complaining about subs who at least have some sort of credentials and have withstood a Cori . Hmm. Talking out of two sides of that prolific mouth again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After I read your response to Stanley's post, I had to go back and re-read his post because I thought I must have missed something. I didn't understand why you were commenting about substitute teachers. Well after carefully re-reading his post, I found that it was you who must have re-read or just didn't understand his post because he clearly stated he was "not talking about RANDOM SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS" As for those CORI checks you mentioned....Are they being done on EVERY employee? Do they really even provide all the essential information that is needed about people who will be around our children? Afterall, a CORI didn't tell Dr. Latham that Sue Rowe's son was a drug addict who later put every child at the Ford School at risk by bringing and doing drugs on school property.....Or did it? Better yet, was a CORI even conducted on him? Also, how do you know Stan was not effective as a stand in librarian?

      Delete
    2. Because I work there ...he was not effective.

      Delete
    3. Since you work there, maybe you could help me get some of my back pay. Oh I forgot, VOLUNTEERS work for free. Also can you define "effective" is when you are not paying for it?

      Delete
  2. Haven't you followed my blog? Somebody has already said they checked with WEST VIRGINIA WESLEYAN COLLEGE and they have no record of me graduating? Besides I know I can not teach, it is too hard and I am just not wired that way. +
    As for my EFFECTIVENESS as a librarian, give me a break. No one was happier than me to be replaced. I was just keeping the books flowing and the seat warm.

    Actually you should brush up on your reading skills because clearly I am not talking about noncertified substitutes. That is another post. Regular teachers are being asked to teach in areas they are not certified in regularly.

    Thanks for complimenting the geometry of my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there is a certified person the law says the job must go to that person....don't u get it...there are not enough certified teachers in certain subject areas like SPED. The DESE offers waivers. The state not the city ...waivers are temporary anyd people who obtain them have to be going to school toga in certification. But you wouldn't know that because instead of thoroughly researching u just spout!!

    ReplyDelete