Search This Blog

Friday, February 17, 2012

WHO SHOULD HAVE A VOICE

Well, I personally paid a visit to UNCLE TOM'S office to check up on my request for a copy of the "OPEN-MIKE" guidelines and a photocopy of the sign-in list. I had forgotten to put my address on my initial letter and I thought maybe they didn't know how to get in touch with me. You know me and those silly little details. I mean, UNCLE T did give me a ride home once but they do say the memory is the first thing that goes.

He is so thoughtful, he had it waiting for me on his desk in an UNSEALED envelop. That was clearly considerate on his part, knowing full well that since I am disabled I might have TROUBLE opening such an important letter. EVERYBODY SHOULD HAVE AN UNCLE LIKE THAT.

I will tell you what the guidelines say. WHAT? WHY SHOULD YOU BELIEVE ME? "I COULD WRITE ANYTHING," you say. Well you see I only got a WORD document, not an actual photocopy of the policy manual. Who you going to trust?

Anyway, it says, "All speakers must be residents of the City of Lynn and eighteen years of age." You see that could have been problematic had not PATTI CAPANO, who was the only one of the subcommittee, suspended the rules to allow them to speak in favor of the SUPERINTENDENT and renewing DR. LATHAM'S contract. See most of them listed their address as their school or in one case the administration. I mean, I'm sure that some are so dedicated that they actually sleep at their school. (I bet they got those big, fluffy bathrobes with an embroidered RAM or BULLDAWG emblazoned on the lapel, maybe even a pair of those fuzzy little house slippers.)

There were 10 people speaking on the SUPERINTENDENT'S contract and only my BFF and myself speaking in favor of a fair and equitable search. We were also the only two that wrote down our street address.

No comments:

Post a Comment