Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

IT'S A REG, WE GOT TO DESEG

I hear that a lot. School people waive an old court decision like they are swatting away bothersome flies. There can be no doubt that we should treat everyone fairly, equally.

But I ask, at this stage of the game does a mandate from a few years ago do that? I don't know, that's why I am asking. Let's start with what I do know. I am part of an oppressed minority. Have I told you that I am a poor, disabled poet? I have two intelligent, articulate, and biracial middle school children. My four wives have been  plucked right of the RAINBOW COALITION.

So knowing all of that hopefully you will all agree, I got me some STREET CREDS. I even have a tattoo. What I will tell you is that artificial guidelines never work in the long run. Because people harbor resentment and that anger only serves to strengthen the walls of territorialism.

Once again I must quote my favorite philosopher, RODNEY KING, himself a victim, "CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG".

No comments:

Post a Comment