Search This Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2012

TRYING TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES WHEN IT'S NOT ON THE LINES

Every time I go to LSC meetings, I go to the back pages to check personnel changes. For whatever reason, this stuff is never put on-line.

I always circle the numbers of the teachers who are not certified for their assignment. To me, there are a couple of things at work here. First it's not fair to our kids to be taught by less than accredited teachers

AND...

it's not FAIR to the teachers who have sacrificed and worked hard to attain their credential. And let's not forget we were paying two consultants $800 to make sure all of the current teachers keep up with their certification.

ANYWAY...,

this last meeting had something unusual. Of the five new TEACHERS two were not certified for their positions and ONE, LAURIE PETERSON who was hired as a long term sub for Gr. 3 at INGALLS was not identified as being certified or not.

I am sure she is good at what she does TEACHING is a very difficult job and one that I found extremely frustrating in my couple of experiences, It's not fair to anyone to withhold information because pesky people like me get lead to have false speculations.

No comments:

Post a Comment