Search This Blog

Friday, February 17, 2012

MORE TRANS-PARENT-CY

Dear Ms. Young,



I am requesting that I be put on the agenda for the city council meeting of February 28th so that I may inform them of my desire to have a public hearing on the decision not to open up the superintendent Lynn Public School's position up for a competitive bidding process to ensure that LPS employs the most competent person at that post.
I feel that since half of the city budget gores to fund our schools, I feel it incumbent upon the councilors to take a public position on whether or not they want to see the most qualified person running our school system. With only 16 school districts doing worse than us statewide and we are starting to embark on a 65 million dollar spending project with the construction of a new Marshall Middle School,it is my contention that the taxpayers are owed that we have the best person for the job'
Sincerely,
Stanley H. Wotring, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment