Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

STAYING ON YOUR FEET

I went last night to a screening and discussing of the Micheal Douglas film, FALLING DOWN at Centerboard. Usually I avoid all of that artsy, academic sort of stuff. I've always found it too self-pretentious. Still given all the drama that has went on with the ENGLISH FIGHT and all, I thought it was important I go, I mean some heavy social issues seemed to be on the agenda.

The movie showed a microcosm of life extrapolated to the large screen. It showed the difference between right and wrong, good or bad, is only a matter of degrees, Perhaps, it is only a matter of PERCEPTION viewed through the lens of the situation.

Society or even YOUR CROWD can pressure you into doing things, unacceptable things, that seem out of character. But it's not really out of character, it's just an extension of your being, all of our being.We all just have to fight to keep control of our own demons.

That's why it is important to have positive, constructive opportunities because the line between good and bad is fuzzy. How we react helps bring it into focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment