Search This Blog

Saturday, December 24, 2011

WE'LL FIND THE MONEY

WE'LL FIND THE MONEY. Wow, what a statement, spoken with such confidence. That was the reply DONNA COPPOLA said that DR. LATHAM always gives when she wants to add a new position and is asked how we are going to pay for it.

I heard that answer myself first last year when DR. LATHAM tried unsuccessfully to add a new DEPUTY SUPERINTENDENT in the middle of last year. Then last night when I was watching a rebroadcast of DR. LATHAM'S evaluation on LYNNCAM last night with my wife #4 (Doreen), she seized on that statement, WE'LL FIND THE MONEY, and wanted to have T-shirts printed up. There was talk of even embossing coffee mugs. My wife can be a troublemaker. That's probably why I've been married to her longer than any of my other wives.

Okay, let's take that statement at face value, WE'LL FIND THE MONEY not the one about the length of my marriages. I got just one question "Where?" and "How?". So that's two questions. I've told you I'm no good at math.

Let's take the first one, "Where?".Our budget is so tight that we have to have crowded classrooms, schools with no librarians or even a middle school without a library (Pickering to be exact, I heard once somewhere that's some violation of some state law. I don't know, if it is one, I;m sure it's not our first.), school buildings in physical disrepair, and I'm going to add this for my PAC buddies - no (scientifically based) reading program. When I was going over the budget line-by-line last year, I didn't see a line entitled "CATHE'S MAD MONEY HERE". As you probably already know, I don't see so well though.

So we'll move on to "HOW?". I mean if there is extra money in the budget by what kind of transaction is it moved from one place to another. Evidently it  needs no other authorization than the good doctor's JOHN HANCOCK. No long trench coats or Fedoras required.

No comments:

Post a Comment