Search This Blog

Monday, December 5, 2011

PAC IS PACKED

Well it sure seemed like it, I mean standing room only. Don't worry, I had a seat. That's the advantage of a cane, it helps you mark your spot. It sure was crowded.

Sorry to say the cramping had more to do with our makeshift meeting place than a sudden spike in community interest. Our usual meeting place was sublet again to some other group who were meeting before we showed up and weren't planning to leave until after we would be gone.

Being the resourceful chairman he is, DAVE ELLIS huddled everybody into a small conference room on the side where we conducted our business. The first order of business was to light a fire under me and insisting I do my job as treasurer and come up with some sort of budget so we can access our money that $1000 the school department has so graciously put in LPS's budget.

DR MENINO said sure said just send me the bill and she would write up a Purchase Order. Well I kind of would like a written protocol, you know, procedure I could follow to access the cash. I know KEVIN MCHUGH would breath a little easier, I mean, he's got to do something to justify his what, $123,000 a year salary (a 7% increase).

RICK STARBARD was introduced as a LSC member who pretty  regularly attends the meetings when the PATRIOTS are not playing on MONDAY NIGHT. We were fortunate as well to have FRANCES MARTINEZ, LPS'S PARENT LIAISON to attend. Wait that's her job but the fact that she speaks Spanish as well as English is a service we should PROMOTE.

With around twenty percent of the LPS students in SPECIAL EDUCATION (that sure seems like a lot) PAC should be a powerful lobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment