Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

DOING RIGHT BY DEPUTY DO-WRONG

I hate it when someone calls me lazy and they are right. Someone of my many readers tried to school me on just what went down during last year's DEPUTY DEBACLE. I knew, check my old posts. I tried to slide by with an abbreviated version. I tried to get by with only talking about the series of events that happened once the position had already been approved and the whole drama about the job posting and the more stringent revised requirements.

I got a job now and I kinda hoped nobody would notice my laxness. But Noooooo! Some smart person with nothing better to do than pick on a poor disabled poet just had to point out my lack of thoroughness on this. OKAY, here goes. Originally when the DEPUTY SUPERINTENDENT'S position came up, it came out of Personnel subcommittee  because of a 2-1 vote. DONNA COPPOLA voted against it while PATTI CAPANO and MARIA CARRASCO voted for it. Then when it went up to the full LSC, the position was approved 5 to 2 with RICK STARBARD joining DONNA COPPOLA  in opposition.

The MAYOR suggested that because of the time lapsed since the last DEPUTY that maybe the posting, it might be PRUDENT  to tweak the posting before posting. So they did that. I am thankful for the delay.

Immediately I started blogging vicously about the wisdom of that vote. I gave MARIA a hard time for voting for the position. Go back and check my posts. I got grief from a lot of my HIGHLAND COALITION friends. Still, I felt a wrong vote, was a wrong vote.

Scuttlebutt was MARIA decided that she made a mistake. I don't know, maybe she found religion. RICK and DONNA were kneeling at the alter of the fiscal conservatism and I guess MARIA got the Ghost. It really doesn't matter why she converted cause the conversion itself led to last year's showdown in the den of the Tigers where Judy layed her gavel to calm the savage beasts tabling the matter.

Curious though I was at the meeting and I don't remember hearing a motion to bring the matter off the table. But I'm getting older and I don't hear as well as I used to, anyway the DEPUTY position rose like a Phoenix off the table and the MAYOR sided with CAPANO, SPIRITO, and FORD. to okay spending probably almost $200,000 with CONFIDENTIAL SECRETARY that will go along with the new job. The fact that the job requirements were stripped down enough so that certain friends in the CENTRAL OFFICE now qualify, that's the icing on the cake or in this case TIGER TREATS.

5 comments:

  1. All this spending on administration
    and they have to combine Severely Multi-handicapped classes at Ingalls to a total of 10-13 students in a class, some with 1:1 aides and nurses. This creates a chaotic learning environment. There is also not enough appropriate pre-school placements for kids who qualify (especially PDD/Autism dx)that are leaving Early Intervention and they are being placed inappropriately or waiting months for a spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANON.,This latest spending spree is being fueled by money they had already budgeted for out of district placements for SPED and now are supposedly being told they are getting a bigger reimbursement for those kids from the state. Instead of turning the windfall into smaller class sizes they decided to create a bigger administration. Hey, state law says SPED classes are capped at 12. You say 13 sometimes? Hmm, I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I thought for severe sped it was 9. The administration states the 12 cap is for a class with 1 teacher, 1 aide. Does the use of 1:1's and nurses as additional adults/bodies within the classroom allow them to get around the cap?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know the law that well. Come to PAC, there are people who do like my BFF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually don't know the answer to that question. If you can wait to after the Christmas holiday I can get an answer. I'm on facebook Anon., and friends with Stanley - if you want to message me, I can (usually) help. And I'm free!

    ReplyDelete