Search This Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2011

I DON'T UNDERSTAND ENGLISH

The school not the language. Although come to think of it I don't understand the way some people speak it, you know lawyers, school administrators, and such. Maybe our mamas should let our babies grow up to be cowboys. Sorry that last reference not only dated me but also placed me back in the hicks.

Anyway, I digress.

Back to school stuff. At Thursday's LSC meeting during open mike a mother came forward to speak. I don't remember her name, you know I'm not good with that stuff. I'll tell you what though, she had NICE hair.

Now normally you are only allowed to speak for three minutes and on that night they had asked that it be limited to two minutes because the subcommittees ran long. But now here comes this well dressed mother who was very articulate and well spoken. She rambled on for ten minutes, actually repeating parts of her argument. I think she repeated things because she was expecting some answers, I guess she didn't know these people never say squat. It's just not in the policy.

Her complaint was that her son had been UNFAIRLY suspended from ENGLISH for stealing a cell phone without any EVIDENCE. By her account there was never any proof just FEELINGS. What would you expect a mother to say. Especially when you consider her husband is in LAW ENFORCEMENT in Chelsea.

BUT WAIT A MINUTE.....

Maybe this lady is on to something here. If they are so sure this kid stole this phone did they call the LYNN POLICE? Was their some kind of formal investigation? Now this mother owned up to the fact that her son had some problems and had at times been justifiably reprimanded. She was only asking that LPS meet her half way in devising some plan to control her son's behavior. No she was begging.

She didn't think just discarding him like an old textbook was the way to go. This mother probably never heard DR. LATHAM give lip service to the mandates coming down from high up where the school system is going to or is supposed to be held accountable for more of the family dynamics. The good doctor has referenced that coming mandate several times at LSC meetings.

Anyway after this mother spoke and in the break before the actual start of the LSC meeting, I ran up to her and introduced myself. I had came straight to the LSC meeting from work so I didn't have any of my business "WATCH" cards (once again having a job gets in the way) so I just asked her to GOOGLE me. I did whip out my I-phone and give her my BFF's number (she knows all those rules and has OCR and DOE on speed dial) and invited her to the PAC meetings
.
We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment