Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2011

I'M CASTING MY VOTES EARLY

I know we just had an election. CHARLIE GALLO hasn't even sat down at the table yet. Old GQ has a little more than a two weeks to cement his fashion legacy. What better time to talk about the next election than now.

Let's look at some potential candidates. First, there is me. Okay get serious. I have a hard enough time walking, how could I run? Besides who would tell you the truth about what;s going on? I'd have to swear an oath of secrecy to the Gods of confidentiality and back in WV they wash your mouth out with soap if you swear, homemade lye soap.

Of course my BFF has to be thinking about it.She even said so when she asking to refrain from teasing her about her drinking problem. She's too young to remember how all the cult members at Jonestown blindly drank cyanide laced grape KOOL-AID to commit mass suicide. She needs a little more education to deprogram from the brainwashing but I have confidence in her intelligence and passion for a fair education for everyone.

My next choice has never expressed an interest in running, not to me anyway. I run into her at different meetings and such but we never broke bread or had long philosophical conversations at Dunkin Donuts. BUT....I do read her blog and yes I steal, I mean BORROW, from it on occasion. I'm talking about none other than CLEO. She's young, intelligent, objective, articulate, and I could go on and on. Face it us poets LOVE words. We may have to DRAFT her but we got time.

Does it surprise you that the two proposed potential candidates I've put forth are women? I mean I have been married four times. I admit, I have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment